Wednesday, November 24, 2010
Kristin's Holiday Wish List
TodaysMama and GameStop are giving away a sleighful of gifts this holiday season and to enter I’m sharing this meme with you.
1. What is your holiday wish for your family?
I wish that my family would know and understand the reason we celebrate Christmas. For us, without the birth of Jesus, we would still be slave our sins. But, because of his birth and eventual sacrifice, we can live with him forever!
2. What is your Christmas morning tradition?
Our Christmas morning tradition is every changing. Since my husband is a pastor, we usually don't even celebrate a typical Christmas morning on Christmas. Usually we celebrate on Christmas eve morning instead. We all stay in our pjs, start with stockings and then move on to presents. Break for a yummy breakfast and then off to a day of playing.
3. If you could ask Santa for one, completely decadent wish for yourself, what would it be?
It would be for a serger! I really want once but it is totally a want and not a need. It would make sewing quicker and more professional - and more fun!
4. How do you make the holidays special without spending any money?
This year we are doing a new tradition of 25 days of giving. These do not need to montary items but things like making cards for the shut-ins of our church or sending our Christmas letter to our Compassion child.
5. What games did you play with your family growing up?
We played your typical (dreaded) monopoly, yatzee, Connect Four etc. I really am not a game person but I try to play a few to make the rest of the family happy.
6. What holiday tradition have you carried on from your own childhood?
Staying in our pjs and celebrating the 12 days of Christmas, St Nicolas Day and Epiphany are all traditions passed on from my husband's family. We are trying to create more of our own family traditions as the kids grow up.
7. Where would you go for a Christmas-away-from-home trip?
Anywhere as long as it includes our families. We aren't always able to see everyone as we are spread across the country. Being with everyone is most important to us!
8. Check out GameStop and tell us, what are the three top items on your GameStop Wish List this year?
1. Andrew has been asking for a Ds for years. He scours the ads for a sale all the time. Cracks me up! I would love to make his dream come true.
2. Some fun new wii games - especially ones for the little ones like Elmo's A to Zoo or Jumstart games
3. And what seems on the top of most people's list a Xbox 360 with Kinect.
If you want to get in on the fun, head on over to TodaysMama, link up your blog post and cross your fingers you win!