Thursday, September 2, 2010

Words give a thousand pictures...


Lily has been home for 4 months now and I am amazed at her vocabulary.  She talks all the time and has lots of sentences.  She started saying things like "I want it" after only being home 6 weeks!  And she repeats anything - Andrew had her repeat him while he was counting in Spanish and she said them all!  Just for fun, I thought I would start writing down her vocabulary so here is the start of the list....

Mom/mama (mama, mama, mama, mama - I think you've got the idea!)
Dad/Daddy/Jonah/Andrew/Grandma/Mary Lou/Gracie
Love you
Yup/yea/No/No way/Mine/I want it/I need it/Buy it
Please/Thank you/Sorry/Help
Hi/Hello/How are you/Good Morning/Bye Bye/Stop/Go/Come back/Come on/Nigh Night
Doggie/woof woof
Baby
Truck/car
All wet
How did you do that?
See/Okay/Oh/Don't know/I can't/Got it/Here
Shoes/socks/bow
Outside
All done
Walk/Run/Sit/Up/Down
Get out
Play/cook
Book/Read it
Drink/eat/gum/cheese stick/ham/meat/hot dog/candy/noodles/broccoli/apple juice
Bowl/fork/knife/spoon/cup/bib
Open it
Wall/Chair/Bed
So much
Leave it/Not for you/Bad dog
Oww/Hurt/Bonk
Bat/
Mouth/Eyes/Ears/Feet/Belly/Nose/Hair
Potty/diaper/bathroom/stinky/ewww
Cute
Hot/Cold
Amen
Have Fun

2 comments:

  1. Oh that is so good. It is amazing how kids pick up on things so easy and fast

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is an exceptional child!! Can't wait till our next post placement visit. Thoughts and prayers are with you!

    ReplyDelete