Saturday, August 21, 2010

Here I go again....

I hope you are are not getting sick of the clothing revamps because I am not!  I just can't help myself!  They are all over the blog world and I loves to see what others make from old clothes.  And when it is so cheap to make something used into something new.....well, here I go again! One long sleeve garage sale shirt for $1 and a short sleeve garage sale (but new!) shirt for $1 turned into a skirt, leggings and appliqued shirt for Lily.


Top of the tee and then the bottom of the tee turned into skirt - I forgot to take a picture before cutting it up!  All I did was cut with an allowance for the elastic casing, sew up the casing and put in the elastic.  I did make all the gathers in the back because I liked the print to be flat.  I sewed across the casing on the sides to keep the gathers in the back.

I used the arms of the striped shirt for the legs - they are a bit long so they are rolled up here.  At least they will fit for a long time!  It took a bit for me to figure out how to sew the legs on to the body part and I was not going to tear it out and try again!  I used this tutorial to learn how to make leggings from arms.  The only thing I did differently was I used a dress diaper cover as my template instead of just cutting a rectangle. 

Then I cut the pocket off the striped tee and appliqued it to a hand-me down tee that actually fits her.  I tried to cut around enough for a seam allowance to tuck under but I didn't get it right. It was easier to just applique it on and since knit does not fray, it should be just fine.

Here is Lily trying it on for the first time. She really liked it and it fits great!  I love that she put her hands in the pockets right away! Made all the trouble I had putting that pocket on worth it! Now we just need this heat and humidity to go away so she can wear this! 

She kept putting her hands in her pockets and then pretending to eat something!  She thought she was so hilarious!  She is so happy here and I love to see her smile!







linking to these parties

12 comments:

  1. you did a great job - the leggings are my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Adorable, the outfit and the sweet little girl wearing it! Thanks for linking up to Topsy Turvy Tuesday's!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cute! I love the tights and I think I am going to have to use that idea. So excited to find your blog and thank you for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am hosting a giveaway over at Sassy Sites. Come on by and join in on the fun! We would love to have you!

    -Marni
    http://sassysites.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cutest little outfit!! Great job.
    Andrea @ TheTrainToCrazy.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is such a cute outfit!! And it being recycled/repurposed makes it that much better. Your daughter obviously loves it, too, and that's the best of all...

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is such an adorable little model... and what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are so glad you joined us for Anything Related! Come back tomorrow for another great party!
    {Rebekah}

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is SO COOL. I don't get tired of revamps, either!

    ReplyDelete