Monday, July 19, 2010

Little Girl Swimsuit coverup

I had some terry fabric sitting around and I wanted to make Lily a little swimsuit cover-up.  I had some white that was given to me but I saw it was quite stained - I am going to attempt to get it out but no time for that now....I had the urge to sew.  So, I decided to use the turqoise.  I was nervous because it has a lot of stretch.  But, I grabbed my elastic thread and decided to go for it.  Luckily my machine cooperated and I got this.....

Some shirring at the top, ruffles on the bottom and a little yo-yo flower to match - what more could a girl want?  
 I am so glad I decided to try my hand at shirring and another try at making Lily something without a pattern.  I can't wait for her to wear this on vacation next week!


Edited - I am so excited! This is the first time I linked up and I got featured at http://www.thetraintocrazy.com/ today! Check her out - she has a sew along going on right now and she makes tons of great stuff.

Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. How very cute! Thanks for sharing at It's Party Time Thursday at PonyTails&FishScales!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I think I need to find a new cute towel to make this for both of my girls! Thanks for linking up to Topsy Turvy Tuesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for joining us for another great Anything Related! ~Bridgette

    ReplyDelete