Tuesday, April 13, 2010

April 13

We are so thankful for all the prayers! God is amazing us every day and Lily did pretty well this morning! We got to the room before the orphanage workers and she was sitting in our laps and playing when they came in. They talked to her from across the table but she pretty much ignored them. The nanny came by us for some of the paperwork and Lily just kept playing. She handed the nanny something at one point but never tried to go to her. A little bit later, the nanny came back to us and held her arms out to Lily. I refused to let her take Lily and it seemed the nanny was okay with it. But, it made Lily cry and get all upset again. I was really frustrated with the nanny! I don't understand why she would do that but I am trying to be sympathetic to her. The assistant director had the nanny step out and that helped calm Lily down. She only got upset again when we were waiting for the other couple to finish their paperwork. She laughed and smiled and called Nate "baba" which I think helped the orphanage workers to see we were a good family. They asked us about what medical care we were going to get for her and asked us for updates and pictures. We will be glad to share with them - I know they certainly cared for her!


Lily had to do a footprint in red ink as her signature to show who she was.


Since we were signing all kinds of paperwork, she wanted a pen and pretended to sign too. She would help turn papers over and even pretended to do her fingerprint. We had to sign and then do a fingerprint over our signature for every signature.



The nanny, the assistant director, and the orphanage director


After all the paperwork, we went to lunch at McDonalds (LOTS of stares there!) and went to a baby store for diapers. Lily fell asleep in the Ergo on the way back. She won't let me take off her coat so she is napping in the bed with everything on! She is going to be a sweaty mess! She loves her hat and scarf Daniela!

The greatest part of today was that we received some things from the orphanage. She was left with a pink bracelet on and we recieved that. Lily promptly put it on like she knew what is was! Also, we found out that Lily had been brought to a private foster care in Beijing for a few months and they sent a letter and a necklace as a reminder of her time there. They presented us with a rug/wall hanging of Genghis Khan (founder of the Mongol empire). And best of all, they gave us a photo book of photos from her life at the orphanage! Pictures of her at different stages and with her little friends! There is some writing so we will have to have someone translate that for us. I am just so excited to have these photos and her bracelet!

Not much else planned for today - maybe we will venture out to a grocery store at some point. Lily is napping and I am not waking her up. She is a good sleeper! Tomorrow we go to the Cultural Museum and the next to a local market. We are waiting for her passport to be ready for us on Friday and then we leave for Guangzhou for the medical appts and the visa paperwork.


5 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for you guys! Reading that made me cry, but in a good way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise God! It is wonderful to read how you are being blessed by God. Your pictures showed up in facebook--so cute!!!! I'll continue to pray.
    Love, Lynette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Belinda just sent me a link to your blog and I have caught up on your China trip and it brings back all the memories. I LOVE the hutong tour!!!! But I had a nice sunny day :)
    I hope it is o.k. but I am using this blog entry tonight for a training when I talk about attachment and bonding. You guys did a great job!!!! Did you learn those tips from a great social worker maybe? Keep up the good work!
    Sarah Zuidema

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you have those pictures and special objects. What a blessing! It sounds like she has really started connecting to the two of you! I'm just so thrilled for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you are handling it all very well. We are all praying for you as you continue to get used to each other and bond.

    ReplyDelete